Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hey Baby Let's Go to Vegas!


Allen and I went to Vegas this past weekend!! It was just us and 6 of our crazy crew...Kim and Erik, Kim and Daniel, and Philip and Lisa. We had a blast. I can't give you all the details because as you know...what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! Allen and I did not win big and it is a shame because we came home to a 87 degree house...yes the AC was on the fritz. Is it just me, or do unexpected expenses always come up after vacation?? Anyway...we had a great time hanging out with the gang and pretending that we were young enough to stay out till 2:00am(did I mention that means 5:00am eastern??) It will probably be awhile until I recover! We walked miles and miles and that was mostly indoors! We got to hang out with Toby Keith. Where else but at his bar which is called...I Love this Bar Bar. He showed up and did an impromptu concert which was really cool. Much to our disappointment we did not run into Kenny Chesney, but our up close celebrity sightings include...David Spade, Jason Alexander, Sugarland, Montgomery Gentry, Kelli Pickler, members of Lady Antebellum and Little Big Town, Taylor Swift's band, Keith Urban's guitar player, and members of Miranda Lambert's band. Did I mention that we were in town to see the Acadamy of Country Music Awards?? It was amazing being there. The show was fabulous and for a bunch of country music fans like ourselves it was something we won't forget. Maybe next year they will ask me to be one of those seat fillers who gets to go sit in an artists seat when they get up to go somewhere else?? Who knows??

1 comment:

The Damm Family said...

Looks like you all had a FANTASTIC time! Yeah!! :) Great pictures!